26. DOUGLAS HOUSE 89 Gipps Street |
||
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
This house was built in 1852 by Dr A. W. Hume, who was Coroner, Postmaster and Clerk of Courts. The ground floor was used as a warehouse. In 1872 it Became ‘Western Flour Mills’ under the ownership of Charles Ruffles. It was sold for £301 in 1901 as two residences. It has been a guest house and tourist accommodation since the early 1900s. In the process, the name (as shown on the house next door) seems to have acquired an extra ‘s’!
Photo Credit : Google Maps |
|||
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
|
|||||||||
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |